"Woldring-Porselein" started in 1911 and was one of the oldest shops in Groningen City. The Woldring porcelain shop was located in the beautiful building Stoeldraaierstraat 25 until 2015. It is a beautiful monumental building, built by the architect Vegter for "de Arbeiderspers" in the years 1951-1955. The 1st Woldring shop happened to be located in the Stoeldraaierstraat as well. On 1 October 1911 J.J.Woldring Sr. established a shop in glass, crystal, porcelain and earthenware, tableware, leather goods, perfumery, lighting and small furniture. It was actually a small and luxurious department store. In 1956 his son A.B. Woldring was put in charge of the company, which in the meantime had moved to the Herestraat in Groningen. In 1983 Joop (J.J.) Woldring became the 3rd owner. Due to the sudden death of his son Oliver Woldring in 2002 there was no longer a successor for the well-known family business. Mr E.Hoiting, one of the former employees of the
The third leg of the fast growing company was Woldring Verhuur and Makelaardij en projectontwikkeling, especially active in Groningen.
Unfortunately, due to the crisis, the furniture company on the Friesestraatweg had to close down in 2013, after which the plan was made to convert this beautiful location into a large residential location with 435 apartments with a sports centre, pizzeria, food shops and offices. At this moment, the big plan has been realized and there is a fantastic big new building with 435 living spaces. The largest residential building of Groningen!!