Frequently asked questions - Woldring Verhuur Frequently asked questions - Woldring Verhuur

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are the answers to the most frequently asked questions. If your question is not listed here, please contact us and we will help you as best we can.

When will there be new accommodation available?

All the properties we have available are currently occupied by tenants, so it depends on the end of these rental agreements when which properties become available. We know at the beginning or halfway through the month which properties will become available in a month's time. This is because all rental agreements have a minimum notice period of one month. As soon as we have more information about this and have completed the underlying processes, we will place the vacant properties on our website. Therefore, at the beginning and halfway through the month, there are many properties added to our site.

How can I respond to an available property?

If you answer these questions and introduce yourself in the free field, we will contact you as soon as possible about the next steps.

How do I plan a viewing?

It is not possible to directly schedule a viewing. If you are interested in a property, please fill in the contact form at the property and we will contact you as soon as possible about the next steps.

What information do you ask from me and why?

To respond to a residential property:

  • Your name: so we know who is responding to our offer.
  • Contact details: to be able to contact you for further acquaintance.
  • Number of social questions: to determine whether you are a suitable candidate for our housing.
  • You can also add your own message in the empty field. Here you have the opportunity to introduce yourself, this is not mandatory, but it gives a good impression of you as a candidate.

Before entering into the rental agreement:

  • A copy of your passport or identity card: this way we can be sure to whom we rent our accommodation.
  • Additional name and address details: also to determine to whom we rent out our accommodation
  • Proof of income: we would like to see that you can easily pay the monthly rent. This proof can be a pay slip, bank statement or a signed letter from parent/guardian stating that they support you financially;
  • Proof of enrolment at a college or university (if applicable): to show that you are eligible for a study grant;
  • Bank details: these are needed to set up a direct debit authorisation with your bank.

What happens to my data when I respond?

Your details will be used to determine whether you are a suitable tenant for the property you are applying for. These details will be kept until we have found a definitive tenant for the property. Definitive means for us that a rental agreement has been reached between a tenant and landlord.

If you are not selected, your details will be removed from our database. If you want to respond to another property, we therefore ask you to provide your details again.

If you are assigned the accommodation, we will store your details internally and use them to draw up your rental agreement.

When will I know if I have been assigned the accommodation?

Everyone who responds to our offer will receive a response from us, even if you didn't make it. Sometimes we can get a lot of responses to our housing at once, so this may take some time. We try to provide everyone with a response as quickly as possible.

Why do I need to provide a guarantor?

For new tenants under the age of 30, we ask that you provide a guarantor. Initially, there is no active relationship between the landlord and the guarantor. However, as soon as the tenant is unable to meet his financial obligations to the landlord, we ask the guarantor to meet these financial obligations. The guarantor is therefore a piece of security for us to be able to rent out our accommodation with peace of mind.

How long is my rental agreement?

The duration of your rental agreement can be found on the contract.

In the most In all cases the first contract you sign with us is for one year. It ends automatically after a year, but the tenant may terminate it as long as the agreed notice period is observed.

If this contract is not extended after that year, you will receive timely notice from us. If this contract is extended, it will be converted to a permanent contract.

How much is the deposit?

The deposit is 2 times the rent (including service costs), which you will get back at the end of your rental period, provided that you leave the accommodation in its original condition.

When do I have to pay the rent?

The rent is paid by automatic collection, every last working day of the month, from the bank account you have provided.

If the collection fails, we will be notified and will contact you. If you already know that the collection has failed and we have not contacted you, please contact us.

What is included in the service costs?

What we count under service costs differs per accommodation, as some accommodation includes gas/water/light, has an indoor gym or is (partly) furnished, while other accommodation does not. We try to make this as clear as possible on the page of the vacant accommodation and of course in your tenancy agreement. If you still have questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact us.

What should I arrange in case of a non-self-contained dwelling?

In case of a non-self-contained dwelling, don't forget the following things:

  • Sign your rental agreement and arrange other administrative matters with our rental staff;
  • Make sure you register in time at the address you rent with the municipality;
  • Provide your new address to important authorities;
  • Make clear agreements with the previous occupant regarding taking over belongings;
  • Arrange or convert contents insurance.

What do I need to arrange if I am living in independent accommodation?

Everything that needs to be arranged for a non-self-contained dwelling must also be arranged for an independent dwelling. In addition, you must pay attention to the following points:

  • Apply for rent subsidy on time (if applicable);
  • Arrange for a power supplier;
  • Arrange for an internet and TV provider;
  • Notify Waterbedrijf Groningen of your change of address and meter readings.

How do I cancel my rental agreement?

When terminating your rental agreement you have to take into account the established notice period of one month. If you decide to terminate the rental agreement in August, this can be done per 1 October. You can terminate on the 1st or the 16th.

According to the legal terms and conditions, a formal notice of termination must be given by means of a registered letter. It is not a problem for us if you notify us by e-mail. It is not possible to terminate by telephone or verbally.

Once you have let us know that you want to leave, you will receive the rental termination form. Once we have received the completed form back, the termination is final. After the final notice we will make an appointment for the preliminary and final inspection.

I am moving out, what do I need to arrange?

We have developed a relocation protocol for this purpose.

For the Woldring Locatie: Dutch / English

For all other living spaces: Dutch / English

When can I expect my deposit back?

As soon as possible after the final inspection, you will receive a final settlement from us, which will include a calculation of the repair costs (if any) incurred for your apartment and a settlement of the service costs.

The deposit will be refunded to you within 30 days of the final statement being sent.

How can I introduce a potential new tenant to you?

When you give notice of your accommodation, indicate that you would like to propose a potential new tenant. You can also have this candidate contact us to introduce himself. Please inform us as soon as possible about your potential tenant so that we can take this into account.

How can I apply for a landlord statement?

You can request this via Please use "Landlord Statement" in the subject line. Furthermore, it is important that you mention the following details in the e-mail: your full name, the address you rented with us and the period for which you rented this accommodation. You will then receive a signed landlord statement from us as soon as possible.

Why isn't rent subsidy available for every residential property?

In order to receive a rent subsidy, the government imposes a number of requirements on the tenant and the accommodation.

The accommodation must be completely self-contained (i.e. with its own facilities and front door) and the monthly rent must not be too high.

The tenant is not allowed to earn too much or have too many assets. There are also restrictions on rent allowance if you are younger than 23. There are also different rules if you are going to live with more than one person.

More information can be found on the website of the government.

Why did the previous tenant receive rent allowance and I did not (or vice versa)?

It is possible that one tenant receives a supplement and the other does not. For example, one tenant may earn too much, be younger than 23 or not meet other criteria.

It is also possible that laws and regulations have changed, as a result of which our accommodation no longer meets the requirements. For example, the WOZ value or the point scoring may be different, as a result of which the rent has become too high.

If the previous tenant received housing benefit, it is not certain that you will also receive it, so read the description of the accommodation and the information from the government carefully.

Why do I get a letter about municipal charges? It's your place, isn't it?

Some taxes are charged to the user of the residential property and not to the owner of the property, for example:

  • Water board tax: costs for the purification of waste water (purification levy) and the prevention of water nuisance/flooding (water system levy);
  • Waste levy: for the collection and processing of waste and garbage;

Everyone who lives in the municipality has to pay these costs. You are obliged to pay these costs yourself.

How can I apply for rent subsidy?

If your accommodation is suitable for receiving rent subsidy, you can apply for it with the government using your DigiD. To do so, go to this website.

How do I get a new garbage pass?

You can apply for a new garbage pass quite easily at the municipality of Groningen. You can do this by Here.

How do I arrange an energy supplier?

Nowadays you can choose from many different energy suppliers. We recommend you to compare them via a comparison site, such as

How do I arrange an internet and television provider?

Determine what you need in terms of internet and television. Then compare the various providers on, for example www.prijsvergelijken.nlThat way you know you're getting the best deal to suit your needs.

I've locked myself out. What should I do?

Within office hours:

Please contact us as soon as possible. In almost all cases we can help you to get immediate access to your accommodation.

Outside of office hours:

Contact security company MB&D at 050-3053969Please note that there is a charge of € 75.00 including VAT for this service, which you have to pay directly to MB&D. Afterwards contact us if you suspect that the problem is with your key, the system or the tag (for residents of the Woldring location).

There is an emergency outside office hours. What should I do?

For emergencies outside office hours, you can call on our security company MB&D via 050-3053969.

In the event of a very dangerous situation, injury or crime, contact 911.

In case of a sewer blockage, call WazoRiool at 050 211 0541.

How do I report a technical malfunction?

The best way to report a technical malfunction is to mail us at We will respond as soon as possible and take appropriate action.

What do I do with mail from the previous occupant?

There is a central place in each complex where mail from previous residents is collected. The caretaker regularly collects this mail and sends it back to the sender. For the residents of the Woldring location, mail can be handed in at our office. In other living areas there are signs indicating where mail may be deposited.

What are the office opening hours?

Our Groningen office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. excluding holidays.

How can I contact you?

Our contact information:

Phone number: 050-3600318

Email address:

Visiting and mailing address:

Woldring Verhuur
Friesestraatweg 143-04
9743AA Groningen

Can I come work for you?

For our vacancies or more information about open applications, please click Here.

I am a journalist and I have a question, how can I contact you?

The friendly request to ask journalistic questions via verhuur@woldringverhuur.nlThis way we can guarantee that we can give the right answer to the question. The answer can of course be given by phone if desired.